Saturday, October 26, 2013

Jumanji Movie Review

Title: Jumanji

Year: 1995

Time: 1hr 40min

Rating: 5/5

I have watched this movie so many times throughout my life and I must say I never get tired of it. Sure I have watched it too many times but it's a great movie! It used to freak me out but as I grew up I saw that all of it was too hokey to be real.
Alan Parrish (Robin Williams) and Sarah (Bonnie Hunt) started playing a board game in 1969 that they were never able to finish. Allan was sucked into the board game and Sarah was too scared to try to get him out.
26 years later Judy (Kirsten Dunst) and Peter (Bradley Pierce) move in to the old Parrish house after their parents died. The Parrish house has been abandoned for a very long time so their Aunt Nora (Bebe Neuwirth) believes she can turn it into a bed and breakfast (or something). When the two of them find the game from all those years ago they decide to sit down and play it. Little did they know they were in for quite a surprise.
They free Alan from the game and together they find Sarah who is needed to finish the game. Once there is a winner (you see) everything that came out of the game will go away. But before they can finish the game poisonous mosquitoes, angry monkeys, spiders, etc. come out of the game. The worst of them all is Van Pelt (Jonathan Hyde) is a hunter set on killing Alan at all cost. The funny thing is that Van Pelt and Sam Parish (Alan's father) are played by the same man! XD
Will Alan and Sarah be able to finish the game they started so long ago once and for all? Or will the game take over?
I love this movie! I know I've said it a lot in just this one post but it's true! All the actors were fabulous and the story was great. It never had a dull moment! If you haven't seen it I definitely recommend you see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment